Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#604 ·
Ford had two different flathead V8s in the late thirties. How could you tell which one it had without lifting the hood. We are not talking emblems, or anything like that. Standing out in front of the car, just bend over and look from twenty feet away you could tell by the front suspension. What was different?

Brian

#609 ·
Joe G said:
Man, I could go on a guessing spree here, but I'll wait to see if someone actually knows the answer.....

OK, I lied, :mwink:

One of them had a longer spring shackle.
If it had a longer shackle, I wouldn't know, but I don't think it does.

Nightrider, nope Ford didn't have independent until 1949 in any car.

What is your point on the Cad?

Brian

#610 ·
MARTINSR said:
Ford had two different flathead V8s in the late thirties. How could you tell which one it had without lifting the hood. We are not talking emblems, or anything like that. Standing out in front of the car, just bend over and look from twenty feet away you could tell by the front suspension. What was different?

Brian
Tubular front axle on the V8 60 cars and an I-Beam on the V8 85's!!! (Then of course there are the grille emblems - especially remembered by me on the '37s)

Dave W

#612 ·
Irelands child said:
Tubular front axle on the V8 60 cars and an I-Beam on the V8 85's!!! (Then of course there are the grille emblems - especially remembered by me on the '37s)

Dave W

You are the winna! Those tube axles are beautiful too! My brother had a Channeled Model A when we were kids with a beautifully dropped "37 Tube axle".

It's your floor Dave. :D

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.