Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#8,344 ·
Who is behind curtain

You have all seen the Wizard of Oz I'm sure, well you remember how everyone went to the wise and all knowing Oz but he was shown up as a little man behind a curtain and wasn't wise at all. I am sure by now you are wondering where this is going well I have got a theory, trivia thread has been going on forever and is up to page five hundred and something. Boothboy will post a picture and Brian will say "I was once at a car show in Outer Mongolial and saw that part on a car that there was only one built like it"
I think Boothboy and Brian are one in the same and Brian is behind a curtain in theory now and he will post a question or some obscure part pictures and seconds later Boothboy will solve the quizz then repeat the process. Where is a moderator when you need one, oh yeah Brianboy is a Moderator!!!

#8,364 ·
You have all seen the Wizard of Oz I'm sure, well you remember how everyone went to the wise and all knowing Oz but he was shown up as a little man behind a curtain and wasn't wise at all. I am sure by now you are wondering where this is going well I have got a theory, trivia thread has been going on forever and is up to page five hundred and something. Boothboy will post a picture and Brian will say "I was once at a car show in Outer Mongolial and saw that part on a car that there was only one built like it"
I think Boothboy and Brian are one in the same and Brian is behind a curtain in theory now and he will post a question or some obscure part pictures and seconds later Boothboy will solve the quizz then repeat the process. Where is a moderator when you need one, oh yeah Brianboy is a Moderator!!!
Garrell! How could you suggest something like that! Like I've explained before. My mind is like a garbage can. Every piece of crap I've stuck in there is still floating around. I've reached the age where all I can remember is stuff I did or saw forty years ago. Ask me what I had for breakfast and I can't answer. When the game Trivial Pursuit became popular my wife would warn people "Don't play with him or his Brother" My memory and being able to tie my own shoes are probably my two greatest accomplishments!
Having actually never met Brian before I can only surmise that he is just naturally brilliant. Or perhaps he memorized all the Hollander Interchange Books at a early age. Got to be one or the other.
Now to dispel the myth that Brian and myself are one in the same I am going to post two recent pictures of Brian and yours truly. I just lifted a picture Brian posted of himself a couple of days ago and one of me my wife took this morning. Brian is the handsome devil with the clean shirt and I am the other guy.
Photos are below.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

So you can see not the same person.

Attachments

#8,345 ·
Hey other people come on too once in a while, 496chevy3100 is another active participant though he does have a garage full of ADs like I do.........maybe we are all one in the same! I think we are actually, in our heads we are very similar, maybe we are triplets that were separated at birth!

Brian

#8,351 ·
It is amazing how those quarters ARE 57 Plymouth, wild. How about the roof console? Part of most every car today.

If I were a multi Millionaire a collection of concept cars would have to be in my garage.

Brian

#8,352 ·
I agree. They are amazing. One guy owns six of the seven. Some of these Packard went into very low numbered production cars. He's got duplicates of some . The Predictor is the only one he doesn't have . Packard still owned it when they folded up their tent and Studebaker took over. It's now in the National Studebaker Museum.
Must be nice huh?

#8,355 ·
OMG that just isn't fair! A guy I know sold his 34 Ford hotrod for $82K recently and posted photos on facebook of the car sitting in the guys collection of about 20 '30s Ford hot rods.

Brian

#8,366 ·
Ok here is what I see. Ford radiator top tank . Lincoln emblem on valve covers. Valve covers ribbed. Hood lifts from front. Battery in back and very narrow. Vacuum wipers. Ribbed exhaust head pipe. No surge tank. Looks like a MEL engine. Those valve covers and head pipes makes it a Mark ll. The only Ford engines that I can remember with ribbing on the valve covers were the Early T Bird's and the Continental Mark ll. I had a 55 T Bird and all ways wanted a Mark ll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.