Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#9,165 ·
What you are describing applies to the big flatheads but not the little V8-60

Could you just remove lower hoses instead?

BB :confused::confused:
You would have to remove them but still have to take both water pumps off to change the upper motor mount.

This was kind of a trick question. Maybe it wasn't completely fair.

On the little V8-60 the front motor mounts and both water pumps are all part of the same casting. Therefore to change either water pump or either motor mount both water pumps come off together. :)

Somebody ask one. I am heading out.

John

#9,168 ·
Ford Talladega Cobra (Torino) - Frod's frod-u-lent answer to the Superbird & Charger Daytona

Different nose, flush grill, drooped (aero) snoot, (hood & front fenders) flush back glass and other parts borrowed from the Mercury line

They had to PROVE they had made & sold 500 of them to homologate them for NASCAR competition.

No idea how many they actually made, but word has it that they ferried them around from place to place so the NASCAR officials could see a blue one and a red one and a white one at the town where a race was coming up, and then (after a quick visit to a spray booth) a yellow one and a black one and an orange one could be seen at the next place so that the France boys could say "Holy bleep! There's a whillion of 'em out there!"

Couldn't resist answering, but I don't have a q handy, so someone else jump in!

#9,170 ·
Ford Talladega Cobra (Torino) - Frod's frod-u-lent answer to the Superbird & Charger Daytona

Different nose, flush grill, drooped (aero) snoot, (hood & front fenders) flush back glass and other parts borrowed from the Mercury line

They had to PROVE they had made & sold 500 of them to homologate them for NASCAR competition.

No idea how many they actually made, but word has it that they ferried them around from place to place so the NACAR officials could see a blue one and a red one and a white one at the town where a race was coming up, and then (after a quick visit to a spray booth) a yellow one and a black one and an orange one could be seen at the next place so that the France boys could say "Holy bleep! There's a whillion of 'em out there!"

Couldn't resist answering, but I don't have a q handy, so someone else jump in!
Bunch of good stuff, I dig the darn thing.

Brian

#9,178 ·
I would not want to find one of those grills if it were custom made,,i thought they might have used a off the shelf grill from something and extended the fenders and header to match for a flush fit and better aerodynamics like dogde 500
I think I read one time there were only some ehere around 400 Talledagas built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.