Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#9,278 ·
Ok, damn it I cheated, ok, I cheated, no one else was getting it anyway, ban me from the contest if you want BB, ok, I admit it I cheated.

It's a Vega brake adjusting tool. At least that is how I found one on eBay but I shouldn't get it because I can't even understand how it would work as an "adjusting" tool. I can see as a tool to retract the piston on a caliper or something but I don't see how you could "adjust" brakes with it.

This one shows a picture from a manual or something but I don't get it.

KD K D No 2307 Chevy Vega Rear Brake Adjusting Pliers | eBay

Brian

#9,286 ·
The person who has worked with it will KNOW it the second he sees it, it's a PAIN IN THE BUTT to work with. That's why I said to give others a chance. Because once you work with this car you NEVER forget that pattern!:pain:

Of course is you simply have it media blasted, then a thin primer sealer and paint and it looks great. But usually someone has sanded it filling the patterns with primer. Or worse yet sanded it with coarse paper and it looses some of it's sharpness. But just media blasted, primer/sealer no sanding then paint and it is pretty gratifying, your work looks outstanding.

Brian

#9,305 ·
You guys, it's METAL with paint over it.

If you are joking and just not ponying up..well..heeheee

I know of only one car that used it but possibly more from that brand of car that I have never seen? This is stamped steel that you see on these cars without working hard, it's right there in plain sight.

Brian

#9,314 ·
DING DING DING BB is the winna!

The thing is, it's not just on the top of the door, it is the metal the whole door inner shell is stamped out of! This photo doesn't show it but the metal from the skin to the inside is all the same piece right? It's all textured!

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.