Trivia thread - Page 300 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Man!!!! I come in for lunch and my daughter brings me my 3 month old Granddaughter and tells me I have to baby set for a few hrs. Shes breast fed and now hungry!!!! She wont drink beer And its Canadian LoL!!!

Just joking I have frozen breast milk I'm warming up! But I have work to do and now Im stuck in the house!!!

Jester

Wow I just changed her diaperIt was like changing the old rollup oil filters in a "Diamond T" ( Remember those) Yuk

Advertisement

Last edited by painted jester; 10-16-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I have to disagree with you BB. Air starters were commonly used on trucks at one time. I have called a service truck more than once because a Consolidated Freightway road tractor lost air pressure and could not operate the starter. Consolidated was the last I am aware of that finally abandoned the air starters and went to electric.

I retired from Freightliner in 2009 as a Senior Customer Support Rep. I lived this one.

John L
You are absolutely right. I read pneumatic and thought hydraulic! Hydraulic starters are used on big stationary engines and large ship engines. But I still haven't ever seen a spring starter on a truck! BB
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
And my favorite stater motor, the Buick nailhead starter cart for the fastest plane on earth the SR-71.

Brian

Love it Brian but that SR 71 ain't a truck! ( When they were active at Beal AFB they made a turn over my house! Tankers in the morning Blackbirds in the evening. I saw my first Blackbird launching , they gain alt. right off the runway, in 1966. I thought it was a rocket ship!. It was 15 years later that I found out what I had seen. Very top secret!)
BB
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Engine Capacity: 2L to 14L
Specifications

Mechanical Starters for Tractors and Trucks. No Batteries Required = No Hassles with Battery Dryout or Theft. Perfect for Remote

Heavy & Super-Heavy Model Spring Starters for Tractors, Trucks and other Agricultural Equipment

Great for diesel engine starting in agricultural equipment, upto 14 Litre engines (500HP with Turbochargers)

StrongStarters provide several advantages over other starters:

Maintenance Free, Simple to operate and highly Reliable
Spark-free starting - no risk of fire
Requires no batteries or alternators, and very suitable for extreme weather conditions
Easy use as back-up (can be installed within 60 minutes)
Multi-rate spring concept offers greater output and high breakaway torque for cold starting
Compact design makes it easily suitable for varied range of application

StrongStarter is the leading supplier of hand wound, mechanical starter motors. Our Spring Starters are used all over the world in many applications including ships' lifeboats, irrigation pumps, black start generators, mining vehicles and fire pumps to name but a few. We offer a unique choice of starters that can start diesel engines from half-liter to 18 litres.

Product Keywords: spring starter, mechanical starter, diesel, hand starting, manual start, back up starter, starter motor, hydraulic starter, pneumatic starter, StrongStarter Mechanical Starter, Diesel Engine start, Diesel Engine, spring starter, back up starter, Simms, manual start, hand start, Detroit diesel, Cummins, Caterpillar, Deutz, Mann, Iveco, Ford, Perkins, Lister, Volvo, Scania, Pentham, Kinetico, hydraulic starter, pneumatic starter, electric starter, Lucas spring, tractor, generator, pum

and he said he liked the buick starter not that it came on trucks

Last edited by painted jester; 10-16-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Weather my answer matches what your looking for or not ! I know I used spring starters on trucks in hazardous areas ! In Mines, grain mills, Chemical plants Etc On Diesel trucks! You couldn't use electric start because of explosion and fire from gas or dust or fumes! I remember cranking them, and they also spun the engine much faster then an electric starter. Weather they used them in the 30s and 40s I have no Idea! if no one believes me, That's fine I put my 2 cents in.

I remember putting one on a mac truck in a chemical plant that had hydrochloric and sulfuric acid reactors to transport the 10 ft. diameter by 15 ft. glass replacement section for the reactor when I was with a Canadian riggers crew!!!

So I know they were on trucks Even though I cant prove it with google or bing or etc

LOL

Who cares any way; I did but not now!Ive been googling all day LOL and my one finger has a blister from : smash:

Jester LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to painted jester For This Useful Post:
boothboy (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Weather my answer matches what your looking for or not ! I know I used spring starters on trucks in hazardous areas ! In Mines, grain mills, Chemical plants Etc On Diesel trucks! You couldn't use electric start because of explosion and fire from gas or dust or fumes! I remember cranking them, and they also spun the engine much faster then an electric starter. Weather they used them in the 30s and 40s I have no Idea! if no one believes me, That's fine I put my 2 cents in.

I remember putting one on a mac truck in a chemical plant that had hydrochloric and sulfuric acid reactors to transport the 10 ft. diameter by 15 ft. glass replacement section for the reactor when I was with a Canadian riggers crew!!!

So I know they were on trucks Even though I cant prove it with google or bing or etc

LOL

Who cares any way; I did but not now!Ive been googling all day LOL and my one finger has a blister from : smash:

Jester LOL
That's what I like about this thread. You learn something new each day! I did not know that there was a truck application for a spring starter! The missing truck starter I was looking for was the good old Coffman Starter or Shot Gun Starter We had so much fun with it yesterday I thought I could catch you guys. I did receive a private message from a person who knew all the starters I was looking for but didn't want to ask a question. So it's up to you Jester to toss another one out there. Got one about your mother's Turbo-Supercharged High Lift Ironing Board?
BB
Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

She didn't have a fast Ironing board but she had a wicked broom ,I still have bruises on my "A $$" 60 years later!!! LOL Im Looking over my shoulder to see if her spirit is getting ready to cuff me on my head For saying that! God bless mothers!!

Who was the primary builder of Good humor and other Ice cream trucks in the 50s and early 60s and are highly collectable today fill in the blanks again H-----y! Someone should know this without googleing They also made candy, hot tamale's, and other specialty trucks that drove through our neighborhoods with bells or music or a barker yelling "GET YOUR HOT TAMALES, HOT TAMALES HERE" When we were kids!!!

H-----y There's a pony that bears the same name! Wow I made that too easy!

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 10-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,076 Times in 959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Love it Brian but that SR 71 ain't a truck!
BB
Yeah I know, I just look for any reason to post that a Buick started the SR-71. Very cool story about you seeing them as a kid, VERY cool!

Brian
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yeah I know, I just look for any reason to post that a Buick started the SR-71. Very cool story about you seeing them as a kid, VERY cool!

Brian
You might like to know that cart is sitting next to the Blackbird at the USAF Museum in Dayton Ohio. A MUST place to visit. And it's free!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/atta...1&d=1350522944

Jester
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e56wetfsdfsdfsdfsdf.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	68442  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:

Does anyone know of any good psychiatric facilities in the Michigan area for Chris?

John L
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

LOL

Thanks John lol ! Jester (Chris)
Old 10-17-2012, 10:31 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
What you got to do when your reefer won't hold a charge!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Quote:
She didn't have a fast Ironing board but she had a wicked broom ,I still have bruises on my "A $$" 60 years later!!! LOL Im Looking over my shoulder to see if her spirit is getting ready to cuff me on my head For saying that! God bless mothers!!

Who was the primary builder of Good humor and other Ice cream trucks in the 50s and early 60s and are highly collectable today fill in the blanks again H-----y! Someone should know this without googleing They also made candy, hot tamale's, and other specialty trucks that drove through our neighborhoods with bells or music or a barker yelling "GET YOUR HOT TAMALES, HOT TAMALES HERE" When we were kids!!!

H-----y There's a pony that bears the same name! Wow I made that too easy!

Jester
Also a animals gait. BB
Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy View Post
Also a animals gait. BB
Go ahead B.B. You got it !! HACKNEY even if you didnt type it its a gait of a dog bread!!!

Jester

Tags
humor, trivia

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.