Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#12,463 ·
This is a good one. The first thing that popped in my head was something Dodge, fifties Dodges did some goofy things. But I just can't grasp it. What about Crosley?

Brian

#12,471 ·
Uh oh...I went with trusting my memory and led you guys astray.
The fenders on this truck don't swap front to rear on the same side.
They swap corner to corner. That is to say the left rear to the right front and the right rear to the left front.
Sorry about that.
Here's another hint:...The running boards will swap left to right.

#12,474 ·
BB what in the living hell are you talking about? The right rear fender on a '28 or a '48 Ford pickup can't be bolted on to the left front of the truck.

Knowing you, you are right (that is what ticks me off) but what in the living hell are you talking about?

Brian

#12,476 ·
Well obviously you two don't realize that automobile manufactures some times offer "special" options that the public overlooks. In 1928 and again in 1948 this occurred. Here's a couple of rare examples.

You will notice that the front and rear fenders are interchangeable.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

Now I'll bet you guys are sorry you doubted me.

Attachments

#12,495 ·
Really? I must be staring at old cars for to long. One look at it's length and that squared off front end and it said Locomobile. I am surprised the it is as new as it is. I thought a lot earlier. I think it's a Doctor's Roadster. I've never seen that sloped rear body before. Either custom coach work or it got rear ended and repaired to the owner's design.

BB :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.