Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#13,817 ·
OK, this one is going on for too long. I'll answer question #1:

1.These caps were unique in what way, compared to other Airflow wheel covers.
ANSWER: This cap was unique because it was used ONLY on the 1937 Chrysler Airflow, and not any other year.

We're still looking for the answer as to why they were of a unique design compared to more modern wheel covers and hub caps.

BB already knows the answer, so I'm sure he'll spring it soon!

#13,829 ·
You are correct it is the car that was Given to Dan Blocker,after the used it for the advertisement on Bonanza,,ist released to the public

I saw it at Super Chevy Show a few years back,,the present owner lives in Atlanta and has restored it as it was showing a little wear,,

Sorry for delay on answering question ,after I posted question my computer went off line for Hottrodders.com site only,,finally got it back up with NO help from tech, the kept sending messages on my email that I was using wrong email address even though they had just sent an email to the ad they said was incorrect :confused::rolleyes::confused:

Your Floor

#13,836 ·
This is the Nash Healy I think of when I hear the name,,

I thought it was American made they had one on Fast and loud and said it was American made before the Corvette ,,but I don't believe a lot of what he says

it possibly was like the Cobra,,started life as a Bristol AC,shipped to USA installed Ford motor and called an American sports car ..:thumbup:

this si 53-55 1st one is a 1950

your floor

Attachments

#13,837 ·
yhis says 1951 but article on car above is listed as a 1950

The Nash-Healey is a two-seat sports car that was produced for the American market between 1951 and 1954. Marketed by Nash-Kelvinator Corporation with the Nash Ambassador drivetrain and a European chassis and body, it served as a halo vehicle, or flagship car, for the automaker to promote the sales of the other Nash models. It was "America's first post

#13,844 ·
It was a production vehicle but only twenty five were built. He then went back to building race cars.
The difference between the Nash Healey and the Cunningham C3 is as follows:

The Cunningham chassis and drivetrain were built in the United States. They were then shipped to Vignali in Italy to be bodied. They were shipped back to Fl. to be finished.

The Nash Healey was purely a European Built automobile with the execption that N/K supplied the engines. Healey in England built the chassis, modified the engine and then shipped them to Pininfarina in Italy. There it was completed and shipped to America. In the four years of production they only built 507. Non of them built in the USA.

BB :p:p

#13,849 ·
In International competition, a teams nationality is represented by the colors on their cars. Up until the Fifties, American cars had their bodies painted white and their frame rails blue. When race car bodies became a little more aerodynamic and they covered the frames something else had to be done. The answer was adding stripes to the body.

Who developed the racing stripe?

Hint : It wasn't Carroll Shelby.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.