Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#15,362 ·
Ok, we have a Make: Cadillac, we have a Year: 1959, what's the Model?

Is that wild or what, it's a 59 but doesn't have the 59 Taillights we know and love!

Oh, and the bonus question, where was it made?

I have gotten a number of PMs with the correct answers, you guys are sharp.

Brian

#15,365 ·
Yep, now I don't know who I can give it to, you all answered one part of the question! LOL Anyone who has something toss it out there.

I am not kidding BB, you REALLY need to get to BlackHawk to see the Y job and LeSabre and of course the other cars in this display. I know you like this era and you will not be disappointed. I think I am going to go back again, it was such a nice way to spend a Sunday. Great food there too, this place is first class.
For that matter, they may not let you in, be sure you borrow some good clothes and take a shower for goodness sakes.

Brian

Reactions: Too Many Projects
#15,385 ·
Well, I've installed engines separately or with the transmission attached. I've used a chain hoist hooked to a beam in the ceiling. Come a long hooked to a beam or a structure that resembles a swing set without a swing. Cherry picker engine hoists. Used loader tractors also. I like the loader tractor or my cherry picker engine hoist the best. I got yelled at by Dad for bending the metal beam in the quonset building with a chain hoist the first engine and transmission I pulled and installed in another car, those FE Fords weigh a few pounds hooked to an automatic transmission. My brother still uses the short chain I hooked up there all those years ago to pull and install engines though.

I've also uninstalled drive trains by lifting the body off the sub-frame with a loader tractor. I've also pulled engines by unhooking everything, rolling the car over on it's side and yanking the engine out with a chain - not advised if you are going to fix that vehicle. :D

I'm going to guess the swing set looking structure and a chain hoist?

#15,388 ·
Yep, I've done all of those installs only with a farm Tractor rather than a loader and I'll top it with one I'll bet you never thought of although in truth it was a removal rather than a install.
A hundred years ago when instead of going to the local Automobile Recycling Center we went to the Junk Yard. My buddy and I removed a Y Block Ford and FordOMatic trans out of a 1957 Ford with a piece of chain a driveshaft and some cut up 4"x4" I've never met anyone else that has done that!

But no , that isn't how Cobra got their "Go Goodies"

Any last guesses?

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

I don't think I ever bent the roof of a Quonset Hut before!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.