Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#16,165 ·
Dobie gillis was always being chased by Zelda and he was always trying to givie her the slip he thought. BTW her full name was Zelda Gilmore.

Shhhh don't tell anyone but I had a 10 year old style crush on her. She was smart brainy and not afraid to get into anything with the boys. ha ha ha :cool:

#16,166 ·
I think I hear banjo music. John, is that you?

Pugs... wait, where'd he go. Aw man, its a search puzzle for you br'er. I wasn't making sport of you myself, I just got to the party late and threw out one of my new wordisms like I like to do on a good day.

#16,176 ·
Playing "keep away" still? Thats trivia. You did get half of it, Pugsy.:D But if you answered then you'd have to come up with a Q which is arguably tougher yet. Dobie was kinda square anyhow.:( For the record, I had to search to confirm what they are from. They look like bijou line rope holders but are too short for that.

#16,178 ·
In the pursuit of fun over stalemate, I'll re-post something here hoping those stands are axle tubes off a banjo rearend from an early Ford.:sweat:

Long lasting black marks are something I place value on. These two wimpy pairs are a couple weeks different in age. Which is freshest? 50/50 shot here. Odds are with you, Sherlock.:mwink:

#16,197 ·
OMG that is friggin awesome! Someday I am going to have a museum with little cars, I just dig them. That is as small as it gets!

Don't have a clue what it is, can't wait to find out.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.