Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#16,388 ·
I was typing Packard when you were.:D But you got the holeshot when I hit preview.:smash:

Totally agree on the grille. Outstanding lines but like many cars, trim ruins it. This is a stock 37 a friend SBC/M2'ed-

I can generate a Q on your behalf if none appear after awhile. Just been hogging this thread recently so... was really hoping you had something in mind.:mwink:

Attachments

#16,398 ·
Ok, let's see if we can revive this thread.

A good one, an odd one just hit me. What two cars, with different names and different brands even had the same emblem on horn button in the middle of the steering wheel? In fact, the whole interior was the same! But they were two different brands!

In all my years in the auto repair industry, never have seen another anything like this.

Brian

#16,405 ·
That's a good one, few people know about that. There is a little repair shop about an eighth of a mile from my house that was a gas station too, and was a Kaiser Fraiser dealer that serviced the Sears Allstates.

In a quick search for the horn buttons, I found that all the ones I saw were different Henry J to Allstate.

Brian

#16,403 · (Edited)
Mercury cars and Ford pickup trucks had same steering wheel?

Maybe you're looking for a more distant connection...

Were the two "brands" under the same corporate umbrella?

Was the emblem a word? Or just a design?

The Pontiac Solstice sports car was sold under 4 different brand names... don't know if any had identical steering wheels... 2 brands sold in USA, another in Europe, another in Korea...

DeLoreans used lots of PRV/Renault parts...

Plymouth Prowler became Chrysler Prowler after the demise of Plymouth...

Ford Probe/Maxda MX6...

Some American Motors models became Chrysler products...

Earlier, Kaiser, Kaiser-Fraser, Studebaker, Hudson, AMC, Rambler shared a lot of Parts... as did Willys, Kaiser, Jeeps, Americans...

Imperial and DeSoto moved in and out of Chrysler...

The 4 versions of Chevrolet Geo were made by 3 different companies...

The Mitsubishi GTO / Mitsubishi 3000 / Dodge Stealth

#16,404 ·
No one has mentioned the one I am after. I don't know for sure if any of the ones mentioned did this, I personally have never seen it, the horn button on the steering wheel had a generic look, the dash was the same, identical from one brand to the other.

I was doing bodywork for my sister at the time and she had a detail shop and did a lot of work for a particular dealership. We got one of these car in with DIFFERENT EMBLEMS on each side! NO KIDDING! The left side had different brand emblems than the right! LOLOL

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.