Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#14 ·
MARTINSR said:
Let's make it that searching out the answer on the net is against the rules. Honor system?

Brian
Let's say too, that it's against the rules to use books or magazines.

Of course I'm being sarcastic.

I think we should be allowed to use any means at our disposal to find the answers. To me, part of the fun is what you learn while you're searching for the answer.

Just my 2 cents.

#20 · (Edited)
no fair, i can't play until i answer a question??? what's up with that... :D . i have several good trivia questions that i'm sure a few could answer but most can't. OH WELL, if i answer a question i will have several good ones to ask, if i don't answer a question, you guys loose because i can't play... :D

now i missed my chance due to posting. i had both a 348" and 409" car in my teens. then the mystery motor was introduced in 64 for NASCAR racing. it is the big block we all know today. by 1966 that mystery motor was killing everything on the street (i know, i never got beat in my 66 SS 396 4 speed 4.11 12 bolt posi car.

anybody know when chevrolet produced the first V8 OHV engine (watch out-trick question)... :D

#21 ·
Ok, my question is pretty obscure. I'll leave it out on the table for extra points and ask another.

What is the only Corvette with solid lifters AND a/c?

Brian

#23 ·
I don't know how far we go playing this game. Do we have to prove "iffy" questions or answers? I had to Google this to be sure I wasn't steering you guys wrong. And I found that I was wrong, I thought it was only one year and model. But there is two different models and three years that it could be found. And you don't have either one in your answer, close, but no cigar. So, how far do we go, do I still keep the "floor" until someone is dead on?

Brian

#25 ·
I think we have to bend a little, you hit it close enough. It is a 72 LT-1. The other, something I just learned in my google search is a 64-65 365 HP SMALL Block. I should have known that, I had a 64 365 horse. Mine didn't have air and I was under the impression that none did. But there you go, the 72 LT-1. Good job, you have the "floor". :)

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.