Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#33 ·
Ok, I googled it. Seems like cheating to me! I guess that's what comes with being a fifty year old guy raised before the "net". :)

The driver was Barney Oldfield. HOWEVER the "New 999" was driven by Ford himself to a world speed record that stood for a month. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_999

I guess I have the floor?

Or does scr8pin F100 because he guessed Henry Ford who DID drive the "New 999"?

Ahhh, take it scr8pin, give us what you have! :D

Brian

#34 ·
In 1953 Ford's F-100 pickups were the last year to get the favored flathead V-8..In that time, if your F-100 had a V-8 engine, then you also had a nice emblem proudly displayed on the grill of the truck with a nice "V-8 emblem"..My question is if your truck did not have a V-8, but instead an inline 6, what was on the grill then?

Ok, go!

#35 ·
scr8pin_f100 said:
In 1953 Ford's F-100 pickups were the last year to get the favored flathead V-8..In that time, if your F-100 had a V-8 engine, then you also had a nice emblem proudly displayed on the grill of the truck with a nice "V-8 emblem"..My question is if your truck did not have a V-8, but instead an inline 6, what was on the grill then?

Ok, go!
No need to google that, a four pointed star.

Brian

#37 ·
LOL, I know the 55 better as my Dad had one growing up (which is still owned by my brother) and they had the 4 pointed star!

But the 53 had the three pointed star! I never knew that!

I still get the floor? I guess so, we gave away the answer. :)

How about this, what is the big difference between a 1933 and a 1934 Ford drivers door? The difference can be found on both the front doors. I just wanted to clarify I mean the front doors.

Brian

#39 ·
Nope, both "suicide". They will in fact interchange one year from the other. You will however want to swap them in pairs because of this difference. :D

Three window, five window, AND four door, they all will interchange from 33 to 34 of course if we are talking swaping it with another like body as far as numbers of "windows and doors". They all had this one (at least this one) difference.

Brian

#43 ·
You got it, and the floor! The 34-39 Ford had a door window that slide back about an inch before it started to go down making a vent at the front. This was dropped in 40 when they went to a conventional vent window.

Brian

#47 ·
MARTINSR said:
Ok, I had to google it, hows a 37 Hudson?

Brian
That's not the answer I had in mind, Brian. Remember, I'm talking all foam - no springs. Front and back.

Here's a hint:

The claim of being the first to produce full-foam automobile seating was made by Fisher Body Co. in 1970. Name one of the two makes and models to receive this industry-first interior.

That should narrow it down, and increase the googleability.

I'll leave that out there for another hour or so. I'm thinking the life span of an unanswered question should be no more than 12 Hours.

#50 ·
Very cool, interesting, I remember pulling those seats out and thinking what junk they were without springs. LOL, now there iis hardly a car with springs!

Ok, how about this:

Name TWO production European cars that used a sixties Buick V8 in them. :) One of them had that motor up until just three or four years ago. One of their models may still have it for all I know.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.