Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#4,870 ·
Now I realize where I saw this truck before! I was stuck in traffic on the freeway in S. Ca. when this train came by, it made the time stopped in traffic enjoyable. The entire train was for the circus and had to have about 30 cars, IIRC.

#4,871 ·
Well the next time your in Baraboo , WI spend a day at Circus World. The town of Baraboo is where the majority of early circuses wintered. Very interesting. Lot of old circus wagons, memorbila, pictures and information. Circus acts and animals during the summer. They also have a historic center there . I was doing some research on a animal act using big cats and St. Bernards. I'm still looking for a play bill featuring Jerry Wegman's act.
Here's a couple of pictures I took that some of you old Fa**s might remember.
BB :thumbup:

Attachments

#4,888 ·
Joe, I will give it to you even though it's a 29, being I don't know if they are different I will give it to you. You are also wrong in that the left is the spark advance and right is the throttle. But regardless, it's your floor.

Brian

#4,896 ·
Well, Brian, since you said both hood and spring, and this is such an obscure tool, you win. :thumbup:

If you combine your two answers, you would be dead on. This is a hood hinge spring installation tool for '49-54 Chevrolet cars.

Wish I had a '49-54 Chev around so I could hold this tool up to the hinge to show how it works.

The two top ends of the "T" are mirror images of each other - one end is used for the right hood hinge spring, and the other for the left. Each end of the "T" is tubular, and fits over one of the hood hinge bolt heads - this is the pivot point of the tool. While holding the "T" tip firmly in place, (with the hood propped open) you can easily install or remove the hood spring by hooking it with the short arm, and levering it with the long arm. This is a slick tool, it makes installing/removing these hood springs a safe and easy job.

Next question is yours, Brian. :thumbup:

Joe G.

#4,898 ·
Ok, here is a killer, you are going to have to put on your eye glasses for this one.

There is a one very big difference between a 1959 and a 1960 Rambler America's body. It makes some sheet metal parts not interchange, and a few other bolt on parts not interchange. Google this one right off the bat you are going to need it. But only Google photos, have some fun looking.

It is VERY obvious and I didn't even notice it until I had owned mine for many months. I had some 1960 spare parts and didn't notice that they wouldn't have interchanged!

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.