Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#5,367 ·
LOL, it is stone original If you saw this car, this baby hasn't had a bolt turned since the day it was made other than the motor and hood being pulled. I can't imagine that there is any imported parts on this car, from the factory or after. But as we have learned in this thread, there are lots of things we never thought possible.

Brian

#5,371 ·
Ok I give up, and that doesnt happen very often. I still say the frame, suspension and color on the firewall look very GM in nature. The firewall is very corvette "ish" but the A arms don't look like any GM pieces I have ever seen. The color on the firewall is very close to GM butternut yellow, but I don't think it wa available in the 60-64 range I am thinking this car is from. Plus google called and told me I had all of their servers tied up,to get off there site because other people needed to search for stuff too...........I'm with Jon on this one.....Brian I hate you lol:spank:

#5,373 ·
The fittings aren't right for a GM product. They look more like something Ford would use, but the control arms aren't Ford either. The retention clip on the inner fender looks FoMoCo. Absolutely it is a Divco B200 Milk Truck. Or Poncho Villa's Battle Wagon "Esmeralda"
Haw ! didn't think I'd get it did you!

BB :p:p:p

Attachments

#5,374 ·
You know what, I have no idea if it's one year only, I don't know the car very well that I got this photo from, it's my bosses. Hell, if anyone gets close I am going to have to call him to ask clarify the exact year. :D

The funny part is I have tried to google it and can't find another one like it! That's pretty funny huh, I can't cheat on my own question!

Nope, not a scout.

Brian

#5,385 ·
Ok so far we have figured out it is an American made car, more comon than a studebaker, it has an aluminum steering box, weird looking (light weight?) upper control arms, a funky angled back firewall, power steering, floor shift, and a grommet on the firewall that we can't place and it almost has to be early 60's.......sure sounds like a Fordevroletoldsmobiliac to me :thumbup:

#5,386 ·
And if it helps any the parking brake appears to be mounted under the dash to the left of the steering wheel kind of like a 55-57 chey. Just guessing by what appears to be a parking brake cable in the picture, and unless there is linkage missing the carb has to mount pretty low also which means it is prob a 4 or 6 cyl.....

#5,396 ·
Crash, right year wrong make. I have to tell you guys, I am blown away by this thing and am wondering if it IS some one off or accessory. This car looks stone original, it is now a parts car and the will be cut up which is really a shame because it's damn straight and complete. But this box, I can't find another one like it on the net.

I will have to ask my boss incase I am wrong. But I believe it's a 1956 Plymouth Savoy.

The rear looks just like this with the trunk having that lip at the bottom. I don't remember it having a bunch of chrome like this though. I don't have a photo of it here at home so I will have to wait until Monday to see it again unless I want to drive down there tomorrow and don't like to do that on my day's off, I am there enough you know what I mean.

But I can't find a box like that on the net!

Crash you can have the floor but I sure hope one of you can solve this riddle, what in the heck is this box?

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.