Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#5,781 ·
OK well here goes (hope I get all this right, please educate me if I'm wrong)

Your car should be a 77, my guess comes from this information I learned today talking with my friend. 75 was the first year for the wrap around back window, but there were no Z28 produced in 75/76 due to emissions/EPA etc. So based on that information (if correct) 77 would be the first year Z28 with a wrap around back window. Oh and I forgot to add that he said the 78 up had a small grille in the front bumper that the 77 did not have. I didn't notice that on yours.

Kelly

#5,782 · (Edited)
OK well here goes (hope I get all this right, please educate me if I'm wrong)

Your car should be a 77, my guess comes from this information I learned today talking with my friend. 75 was the first year for the wrap around back window, but there were no Z28 produced in 75/76 due to emissions/EPA etc. So based on that information (if correct) 77 would be the first year Z28 with a wrap around back window. Oh and I forgot to add that he said the 78 up had a small grille in the front bumper that the 77 did not have. I didn't notice that on yours. Kelly
You are correct its a 77 ,the Only year Z28 with aluminum bumpers painted body color and 3 piece front spoiler 1 yr only ,no 75 0r 76 Z28 anf 78-81 had ureathane bumpers ,advertized as 1 car per dealer althoygh the dealer where we bought this car had 3 that year this is an original 29000 mi car exept hood and wheels put on it in 1980 the original was flat with a decal trying to resamble a scoop.title in my wifes name will never be sold ,Thats her in picture at pigeon forge rod run posing for plack top ten in class.its your floor give us a good one

#5,792 · (Edited)
The only other ones I can think of are 307 and 427 but they weren't available in 67 Camaro were they? And the 283 was out of production by then wasn't it? Hmmmm I may be slipping in my age lol. I hope to get educated. We have only done one 67, we usually end up with 68/69

Kelly
The 307 could not be ordered in 67 camaro ,truck only,couple of these are suprising to me ,but i am using original gm order sheet.a 230 codek19,250 codel22,a 283 code L11 ,302 code mo later dz,327 code l30 a 350 code l48 a 396 l48-l89 a iron 427 code Mo an aluminum 427 code MM it states these are avalible But no record of 2 latter being sold ,even though the went out back door to people like Bill Thomas ,Bill Grumpy Jenkins Motion,Nickey they were offered.so i guess the 283 is only one you missed ,,I have Never saw or heard of a 67 283 camaro, I just thought this was interesting, Your turn. ,,,Just a note did you notice 302 and alum 427 have same engine code.

#5,794 ·
Just a few interesting rid bits before I ask my question. I cannot find any documentation on a factory produced Camaro with a 427 L72 or ZL1 until 69. However I am sure there were cars bought without engines or with 396's and swaps were made. Also on the 283 I did a little google search and found that apparently they were built at the GM Swisse plant and only sold in Switzerland. I'm not sure on the accuracy of this information as it was all found via searches.

Now for my Camaro related question. What year/years had electrically controlled was light covers.

#5,802 ·
Just a few interesting rid bits before I ask my question. I cannot find any documentation on a factory produced Camaro with a 427 L72 or ZL1 until 69. However I am sure there were cars bought without engines or with 396's and swaps were made. Also on the 283 I did a little google search and found that apparently they were built at the GM Swisse plant and only sold in Switzerland. I'm not sure on the accuracy of this information as it was all found via searches.

Now for my Camaro related question. What year/years had electrically controlled was light covers.
The article i was reading said they were an option ,But no proof any were ever sold. I knpw Bill Jenkins and Bill Thomas were Given cars for FX racing.the article may be misleading but it says they were avalible but none sold.

#5,811 ·
'
It's your floor.

It looked like this question has died. The panel fits 64-67 A body. So every single Pontiac Tempast-Lemans-GTO, Every Buick Skylark-Special-Gran Sport, Every Chevy Chevelle-Malibu-SS-ElCamino, Every Oldsmobile Cutless-F85-442, in every body style, two door, four door, sedan, post, hardtop, wagon, convertible, every single one of them.

But it's your floor, go for it.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.