Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#6,497 ·
Geeeez, could you have waited for me to get a sip of coffee? :D It's your floor.

This is the dash on a truck we have at the shop right now. Other than then hideous paint job it is a super nice original old truck still owned by the guy who bought it new. What a sweet driver it would be. It's got a six with a three on the tree. Even I had forgotten about a manual choke (guess the Rambler is more high tech than I thought) I went to start it and no go hmmmm, I notice the knob on the dash with the C on it, LOL, pulled it and turned the key and it fired right up. Really, what a great daily driver this would be. And they aren't very valuable. You could pick something like this up at a swap meet for a HECK OF A LOT LESS than some late model truck and it would do the same job, only far cooler. :D

Brian

#6,511 ·
I had to do some googling so I will leave it to some brainiac who knows the answer to get it. But googling hardtop station wagon got my blood boiling. :mwink:

I love wagons, always have had a soft spot for them in my heart, I dig wagons. And there is nothing better than a hard top wagon of course. There have been some very cool ones made, some really awesome Motorama looking works of art.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.