Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#6,745 ·
hmmm, I'm stumped. The wing can't be it because it was a superbird only design, the dodge daytona had a different one, and the side vents weren't mopar........ wheels maybe? I don't know mopar very well, just always like the birds so I read a lot about them in the past. Interestingly enough, There's an original one sitting in a building a few miles away from my house, All original with one repaint.:thumbup:

Kelly

#6,747 ·
Look at the rear window the GTX curves inward the superbird curves out ,the back glass and rear 1/4 of the roof is from a dodge 500 .on most under the vinyl top you can see the shabby body work (can belive i said that about a mopar )the were rushed to make the change for airodynamics .in 69 they only had to produce 500 Dodge Datonas but in 70 they had to produce 1 per dealer for the superbirds so body work was minimal at best if you see one smoothe it probably has ben fixed already the scoops on the fenders were an accident ,trying for brake cooling .but they pulled a vacumn from underneath car helped with downpressure

#6,766 ·
The numbers dony change ,the ribbon changes color at 120 mph ,the black starts at o then keeps going so the right side of speedometer would be red left side would be black ,so if you were ounning 140 the black would be showing 20 --120 red 20 black _140 ,i dont know why 199 instead of 240 ,he didnt say,or didnt know.

#6,769 ·
How about another dash question? How about this oddity, what American made car had it's speedometer backwards? It read backwards, and you viewed it thru a mirror that turned it around for you to read it?

Brian:mwink::confused:

#6,771 ·
Nope, this car had a speedometer that read and faced backwards and you viewed it thru a mirror!

We are talking 60's mass produced by the hundreds of thousands American car.

Brian

#6,773 ·
Geeez, yes 1960 Buick. The speedo is back wards and you are actually looking at a mirror image of the speedo. It had a thumb knob on each side that you turn to change the angle of the speedo so if you are 4'5" or 6'8" you get a straight shot of the speedo. :D

It's your floor. :thumbup:

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.