Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#6,850 · (Edited)
That's the answer I was looking for!

It's yours Crash!

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

Here's a couple more of his creations.

A side note about Dean Jeffries. One of his famuse cars was the Mantaray Bubble car The base car he started was a 'Bird Cage" Maserati' One the auction market today that car is worth a million plus. He stripped it used the frame, brakes,tube structure and missolanious other parts. He threw away the drive train and body. I've heard him lament about his choice of a parts car.

Attachments

#6,874 ·
It's a 1934 Hupmobile Aerodynamic

And No, I don't have a Q to pose for the group, so I'll just throw it open to anyone who wants to jump in with something

How did I get it? Brian actually gave a BIG clue without realizing it when he commented on a 3 piece wrap-around windshield - so I went onto Giggle and Gargled "3 piece windshield" and got a gaggle of pix, two of which were the same pics Boothboy had posted, including a close-up of the sign in front of the maroon & silver one

#6,880 ·
Close but still not right.

This beauty is a 1935 Stout Scarrab. One of either nine or ten ( depending on who is the current expert). Powered by a Ford Flatty it is a rear engined automobile. The three speed transaxle was developed by Stout ( the same guy who designed the Ford Tri-Motor). It was the first SUV-Minivan-Van. it's claimed to be the first American auto without running boards. Aerodynamic, it was ahead of it's time. Very small production possibly because it cost a whopping $5000 just after the depression was over.

Joe, 496C Whoever jumps in first with a question go for it! Neither of you were completely right but you weren't completely wrong either.

:thumbup::thumbup:
BB

Attachments

#6,888 · (Edited)
Re the Red Sportscar looking thingy:
Amber side markers.
Amber parking/turn signals
Cowl Air intake for heater etc
triple wipers from a late British Sports car
Those bumpers
Those tires & wheels
General all around kit car appearance including fenders that REALLY have a glass look about them

I sorta suspect that there is not a lot of "pre-53" in it!

Turns out it is a Panther Kallista

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.