Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#9,239 ·
Nope, Marge's suspension is archaic as hell and it's like the space shuttle next to this. But one car did use this up until 1973! This one didn't, I have never even seen this but I haven't worked on these cars at all over the years.

Year and make please. :evil:

Brian

#9,245 ·
This is the first of these I have ever seen, it's a 38 Chevy. From my understanding used from 34-38. This is the ugliest suspension ever used on any car in the history of the automobile!

It's your floor.:thumbup:

Brian

#9,262 ·
Well I blew it up and darkened it a little so I could see it and low and behold it's
Cadillac's "Jacqueline Brougham Coupe" by Pininfarina! Pininfarina was making the bodies for Cadillac's 1959-1960 Eldorado Brougham and when Cadillac called it quits the Italian company designed the 1961 "Jacqueline" (names after Pres. Kennedy's wife) in hopes that Caddy would want to carry on. But they didn't.
Dragonoak's car lives in Tarzana, CA.
( as a side note, Tarzana, Ca. got it's name because Edger Rice Burrows lived there. As we all know Borrows wrote the Tarzan books)

Attachments

#9,276 ·
I thought I recognized them! They are for adjusting the airconditioner pulley on a 1903 Curved Dash Oldsmobile, right?

Actually, they DO trigger a faint memory, but I think my mental hard drive may have a bad sector.......
You and me both, I look at that thing and I could swear I remember seeing it before. I even did a "shout out" and emailed the photo to my brother who knows mechanical stuff well and he didn't have a clue. DAMN

It looks like it is almost something to tuck rubber or tighten upholstery or something like that.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.