Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Trivia thread
Thread: Trivia thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:52 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

"That'd be a Bubba-Joe McCoy A/C kit. Flat rate time for install is 2 hours. They used the wrong kit as that one is for a TWO-door, but they put it on a FOUR door car!"
submitted by DAVE 57210

Gentlemen you are all very close :

It is indeed a Bubba-Joe McCoy A/C kit manufactured by Sears Crapsman

I am not going to comment as to whether Street Beasts had any thing to do with the manufacturing or installation as I don't want to be sued.

Installation time was way off. This is a week end job. Eight half snockered men ( only two actually working ) were involved plus 9 1/2 cases of " Old Tummy Turner" beer was consumed. The plan of action alone took the first day. What you don't see in the picture is the cleaver quick release mechanism for the external power unit. That unit also powers the owners trailer where the Gang meets to watch weekly NASCAR racing or if a off race weekend, Dukes of Hazzard tapes shown on a 19" b/w Zenith fed by a Beta-Max player. ( I'm not sure but additional sounds might have been supplied by Brian's 4-track player, but don't quote me!)

Dave was right on the button noticing that a two door kit was installed on a four door vehicle as supplied by their local NOPA-O'Hooly's-Retarded Auto Parts store whose motto is "If you want the right parts the first time, this ain't the place", but that's not the glaring error that you all missed and I am quite disappointed that nobody noticed that they did not use the color coordinated duck tape that should have been used.
Silver duck tape just cheapens the job!

Somebody jump in with another question.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25705.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	65959  

Last edited by boothboy; 06-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.