Thread: Trivia thread
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy
Of course not! Just back from the opthamologist's where he gleefully informed me that I had cataracts in both eyes but that they were not bad enough to do anything about. Oh goody!
Actually those Carter YH carburetors were used on three GM production cars
The Corvair Corsica, the six cylindered Corvette, and the 1962-64 Oldsmobile Jetfire. They were also used on AMC cars, Dodge trucks and some Nash products. They were used on the Pontiac Bonniville Special concept car that debuted at the 1954 Motorama. Four of them were used on a Cadillac powered Allard Falcon Special and again on a 1954 Kurtis Nash 500m Pan American Sports Car.
Brian I know you like concept Cars, check out this guy.
http://www.bortzautocollection.com/
You dog, I have never known that the Olds Jetfire had them. They were also popular in Marine applications. The one test bed I love that used one was one of my beloved Buicks, a turbo charged 425 that put out 708 ft lbs torque!

I am collecting them for my truck and only have the one Vette one being they are so expensive but I really need to get a couple more so I have the correct setup.

I have seen that guys collection, man would I love a few of them! There are some youtube videos of him in the LeSalle moving under it's own power for the first time (it was a static display with an empty FI OHC V6!) it's pretty cool. He looks like one of us, only with a couple more bucks in his bank account.

Brian

Oh yeah, it's your floor.