Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#5,539 ·
That is what I am confused about. The list is a mile long on three of them, then the other (the Cameo) looks "original" but something is wrong with all of them? One thing that is wrong like the grilles being chromed or something like that?

Can you re-phrase the question?

Brian

#5,542 ·
I Just noticed that the Cameo isn't stock, it has head rests. It looks like the seats in all of them are a bit high, it is the seats?

Brian
The cameo is close to stock exept mirrors.and trim rings on wheels ,hood spears cameo only,chrome grille was standard also along with fiberglass bed sides most had a visor but Not lihke the one pictured also fender skirts were a cosy option lots more standard on Cameo,the 4x4 is not stock as they came longbed 3/4 ton only they were converted by outside vendor like many gm ,all i have seen have ben for Navy ,this one is on a 74 frame ,how do i know it is on 57 chevy pu for sale website,the black stepside Not even close the standard trucks you could get chrome grille v8 auto pb ps ,all standard on camei,,:boxing: those l;ook **** clip on headrest JC Whitney mabe

#5,559 ·
Yes sir, I never mean any harm with anything I post. Hope it doesn't come across that way. I have owned all three of the "big three" and have had no major problems with any of them that wasn't self inflicted. Like the old saying goes "you can destroy an anvil with a feather if you try hard enough" :mwink::thumbup:

Kelly

#5,567 ·
Got Bruce by a hair

Yep, you got it. The emblem bolt patterns are the same and can be bolted to either side. The recessed area w/ the series # 3100, 3200, etc. is supposed to be to the rear, with the rocket shaped chrome to the front. Your floor my Man. Ha Ha Ha:mwink: Nolan

#5,576 ·
Not sure if this was directed at the original answeree or not, but the "brewster fords" were brewster bodies mounted on ford chassis. Brewster built bodies for Rolls-Royce in Springfield until the depression when Rolls stopped production at the Sprigfield plant. Brewster then began making bodies that used the ford V-8 chassis 1934-1936. They offered 4 different body styles, but most were the "touring" body that is pictured. They made around 130-135 "brewster" Fords. Hope I didn't jump in line, If I was out of turn forgive me:spank:

Kelly

#5,577 ·
Not sure if this was directed at the original answeree or not, but the "brewster fords" were brewster bodies mounted on ford chassis. Brewster built bodies for Rolls-Royce in Springfield until the depression when Rolls stopped production at the Sprigfield plant. Brewster then began making bodies that used the ford V-8 chassis 1934-1936. They offered 4 different body styles, but most were the "touring" body that is pictured. They made around 130-135 "brewster" Fords. Hope I didn't jump in line, If I was out of turn forgive me:spank:

Kelly
I read Edsel Ford had 2 built for his estate 1 limo and 1 roadster if i remember correct. latley i wonder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.