Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#5,636 ·
Well I guess since no one else has replied I will give it up. It is a ford 8.7 from a granada. The reverse image did work because thats how I found it. It showed the post about ford rear ends that you originally posted it in. I never knew one could do such things until now. Guess I will have to start using pictures I have never uploaded before. Crash go again and give us something that can't be cheated on lol, or at least a bit harder to cheat :thumbup:

Kelly

#5,640 ·
Wow, is it just my computer or are you guys WILD good? I can barely see lights and a license plate with the screen almost all black, there is no way I could make out what kind of car. Other than it's NOT a 2008 Acura TC, that I am pretty sure.

Brian

#5,655 ·
Again purely a guess but are your doors originals and your buddies doors replacement or did he replace the wood with steel? If I remember correctly replacing the wood with steel is a fairly common change on those cars but I don't know enough about them to know if the coupe came wood or steel? Or maybe it was a cost thing? Since the roadster was the less expensive model?

Kelly

I gotta get an A for effort even if I get an F in knowledge :D

#5,658 ·
Ok one more and I'll stop for a little bit and try to come up with something reasonable. Is it a weight reason? Or maybe the date of manufacture? I think the dash was changed in the roadster from painted to woodgrain around may/june of 36? Maybe they changed the doors too? If I am still wrong I will stop for the night LOL. Please correct me if any of my information is wrong as I am always looking to learn from others who know a particular car. There's always someone with more knowledge.

Kelly

#5,661 ·
Well the roadster had no windows, the phaeton had roll up windows with the window frame made to the glass and no top door frame, and the coupe had roll up windows with a window frame as part of the door (if I am correct?) Could it because of production costs and speed of production of the different models due to demand?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.