Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Trivia thread
Thread: Trivia thread
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,876 Posts
I did a repair on one at work. $5000 labor and $29K in parts! NO KIDDING. I replaced a bunch of suspension components and a quarter and door (I remember the quarter was $3800 and the exhaust cover/rocker moulding was $4900!)
It was so damn cool working on that car, it IS a hotrod. It's made like one of us built it in our garage! It's all tubing just cut up and welded together, it truly is a hand made hot rod.

After I got the repairs all done I needed to align it and get my test drive. My boss knew how much I wanted to drive that car and he let me stay late one night to get it done. I don't remember why but something held it up and I had to leave without my test drive. I had something to do the next day where I didn't come into work it would be picked up, CRAP, I missed my test drive!

I didn't know my boss that well as I hadn't been there a long time. When I got back into work a day later there was the car sitting there in the lot. I went to punch in and the boss says to me "After you punch in to take that Viper for a test drive, and make it a long one, 10 miles or so, it was a big job". I think he's joking I look at someone else in the office and ask, is he joking? Nope, go do it, he said. And that is why I am still here 12 years later, what a cool family I work for. And yes I took that Viper for a nice long test drive and it was everything and more I expected. What an awesome hot rod!

So how about a little trivia question on the Viper coupe. What very odd device was used to hold the quarter panel to the area body panel behind the tail light?