Thread: Trivia thread
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Weather my answer matches what your looking for or not ! I know I used spring starters on trucks in hazardous areas ! In Mines, grain mills, Chemical plants Etc On Diesel trucks! You couldn't use electric start because of explosion and fire from gas or dust or fumes! I remember cranking them, and they also spun the engine much faster then an electric starter. Weather they used them in the 30s and 40s I have no Idea! if no one believes me, That's fine I put my 2 cents in.

I remember putting one on a mac truck in a chemical plant that had hydrochloric and sulfuric acid reactors to transport the 10 ft. diameter by 15 ft. glass replacement section for the reactor when I was with a Canadian riggers crew!!!

So I know they were on trucks Even though I cant prove it with google or bing or etc

LOL

Who cares any way; I did but not now!Ive been googling all day LOL and my one finger has a blister from : smash:

Jester LOL
That's what I like about this thread. You learn something new each day! I did not know that there was a truck application for a spring starter! The missing truck starter I was looking for was the good old Coffman Starter or Shot Gun Starter We had so much fun with it yesterday I thought I could catch you guys. I did receive a private message from a person who knew all the starters I was looking for but didn't want to ask a question. So it's up to you Jester to toss another one out there. Got one about your mother's Turbo-Supercharged High Lift Ironing Board?
BB