Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Trivia thread
Thread: Trivia thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well I got to tell you that about an hour away from where I live is the Calif State Railroad Museum. My wife won't go with me anymore as I drag any new visitor we get first to the Empire Gold Mine ( biggest producing gold mine in the world up until the 1990's , and the Empire shut down in 1957!) here in Grass Valley and then down to the Train Museum in Sacramento. It's one of the best museums in the USA. I love trains! The control bar your referring to is called "The Johnson Bar" I had to look that up as I couldn't remember it's name. Here's my old desk top picture. I saw this old guy passing through Lawrence Kansas a couple of years ago. It had been a static display in Cheyenne WY. for years in a park but finally got back on the rails. It was on its way back East. Fifteen years ago or so Sacramento hosted a Rail Fair. Old steamers came fron all over the USA to attend. There were Locomotives that were shipped from England! Can you imagine that! And we think we have a expensive hobby! It was absolutely wonderful. There are alot of people who collect private coaches and the hooked up with some of the Engines that were attending. I got my lawn chair and cooler and sat at a crossing out in farm land and watched them arrive. Absolutely breathtaking!

BB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steam!.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	69890  

Last edited by boothboy; 12-18-2012 at 09:12 PM.