Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#8,472 ·
I was just looking at pictures on the webof this type car,,A close friend of mine who recently passed away bought one of these new same color
It said on the front fender and rear deck lid MALIBU didny say Chevelle anywhere on car
But the ones on the web have ckevelle on fender ,don't know if they have been changed from over the years,origanlly Chevelle was the performance line Malibu was the Luxury line .but thesecars are far from luxury as Guys car had rubber mats smooth vinyl seats no radio and a 327,,,325 HP engine .so I would say you have it it is a 68 Malibu?chevelle 300 sedan

Your floor

#8,474 ·
Guys car was definently a base model as I said I had a 327/325 hp engine and it had a 3 speed in the floor not a 4 speed and had no console or radio ,It was probably the cheapest thing he could get but as he always said it was Brand New,
another friend had a gold sedan but it had chrome around windows but still a sedan ,it had a 396 with SS badging ,he bought used aroubd 73or 74 so it could have been changed,

#8,485 ·
Yes, before he became the late-night show host, he was a stand-up comic. However, that was already in show biz.

PRIOR to his show biz days - IE before his days as a comedian - what did he do to earn a living. (No Duesenberg dealers around then - he isn't THAT old!)

According to my info, it did not involve a Buick dealership either, although he may have gotten some teenage money washing cars at a Buick dealers as a youngster.

However - when he was trying to get established as a comedian - he still needed a steady source of $$$ - what was that job?

#8,493 ·
Nobody out there have any idea? Too hard for you? Waiting for the "easy" question? Afraid you'll get it wrong and everyone will laugh at you? Having trouble understanding the question? Too"busy" to answer the question. Feel its beneath you dignaty to answer "trivial" questions? Don't give a crud about the moron that thought the question up in the first place? Wished the girl in the question was "neckid"?

Hmmmmmm?

BB :confused::confused:

#8,509 ·
BINGO!!! Give that man a seegar! Thank goodness some foreign guy from some foreign country could look at some American stuff and recognize it.
Yes that is a 1939 Hupmobile Skylark, a 1983 Buick Skylark, and a comely young lady wearing a garment festooned with Skylarks.

Go for it Bruce. Give us a good one, eh?

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.