Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#9,582 ·
Well you are absolutly correct on the Bugatti Engine.It is a true 16 cyl inline. The Cat isn't I believe. As far as a whole page of illistration on MSN take a closer look and the Bugatti is the only one.
That being said you had better information then I. My research only came up with a fourteen cylinder engine. The most powerful inline engine in world'
The Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C turbocharged two-stroke diesel ship engine that lives in the Emma Maersk.

Your up!

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

#9,593 ·
A note on the 16 cyl. Bugatti Inline engine.

Well I was wrong again. After doing a little more research I've discovered that the 16 cyl. Bugatti engine is in reality a very small production straight eight engine. Less than thirty of these engine were produced for the very, very low production (some say six cars were built, some say seven) Type 41 Bugatti Royales. The remainder of these powerful engines were used to power Bugatti's Rail Cars. ( I'll bet you didn't know that Bugatti built trains! and airplanes and boats!).

I still can not find a reference to a 16 cyl.inline engine.

BB :pain::pain:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.