Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#9,684 ·
I had a couple of good questions that hit me over the last few weeks and I didn't write them down.......they are gone now.:rolleyes:

Ok, so I have a kinda obscure one. I was stunned to work on a GM car from the sixties where I found it had metal ducting in the floor to bring hot air from the heater to the rear seat passengers. This was ducting that went under the console from the dash to the rear of the console.

What make and model car was it? You will probably surprise me and have others that did this I don't know. But I have worked on a lot of GM cars and never saw this outside of this one car.

Brian

#9,694 ·
Henry had or was partners in three companies before the Ford Motor Company was founded.. His first company was the Detroit Automobile Company. He later dissolved that company and then started the Henry Ford Company with a number of backers. He left that company (which later became Cadillac) and started up another company with money backer friend Alexander Y. Malcomson, Ford & Malcomson, Ltd. After money problems caused the team to take in more partners including the Dodge Brothers, the company was re-named the Ford Motor Company.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.