Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#10,733 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APPiHk8CaNg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IvmvgFTGDc

• Engine: 8.8L V8 from Chevrolet
  • Power: 3000 hp
  • Acceleration: 1/4 mile (roughly 400 meters) for 6.40 s; 0-153 mph: 4.8 s;
  • Top Speed: the first to develop 220 mph in 1/4 mile
Not many of you would have noticed that this beast is actually built on a Vauxhall Victor FD 1967 frame. Yep, this old family car remains street legal and hits the list with 3000 horsepower coming from its 8.8 litre GM Chevrolet V8 engine. Check out owner Andy Frost do a 6 second quarter-mile run to become the first 6 second street legal car in Europe:

#10,747 ·
Top 5 Most Powerful Street Legal Cars - Interesting Engineering

• Engine: V16
  • Power: 5000 hp
  • Acceleration: 0-100: 1.8s
  • Top Speed: 560 km/h (367 mph)
  • Expected Price: $1 million
The Devel Sixteen is a concept car that was unveiled at the 2013 Dubai International Motor Show and most of the specs still remain pretty secret. What we do know though is that under that hood is a sixteen cylinder engine capable of producing 5000 horsepower! The acceleration and top speeds are estimates, but if they hold true and the car sees mass production, it will easily become the fastest production car in the world. Rumours are that it will cost $1 million and there have already been 3 customer orders. Check out the video below claiming to have been taken from a hidden camera:
- See more at: Top 5 Most Powerful Street Legal Cars - Interesting Engineering

#10,752 ·
I will retract this question as it is a concept car which I think is unfair because lots of people have never seen one ,also an earlier post states that is should be an AMERICAN made car,i think it was a suggestion not a rule , also read post should not last over 24 hours ,either ask a new question or pass to some one else,, I will Pass it onto some one else.Toyota reveals new versions of FT-1 concept at Pebble Beach [w/video] - Autoblog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.