Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#11,143 ·
Yep, it's your floor! To add another tid bit to the conversation, it's all electric! The door has no manual parts, all electric, the battery goes dead and you are stuck. But there is a manual key lock for the hatch and then a cable tied to the left interior trim that will manually open the door bypassing all the electrics. LOL This is why I drive a '59 Rambler.

Brian

Reactions: CrashFarmer2
#11,158 ·
i went thru the dodge museum up in auburn hills. they have a nash metro there.
original design had the same fenders front and rear; left front could interchange with right rear
grill and hood were the same as the trunk and spare tire rack, and the doors were interchangeable
unfortunately by the time it hit production not much of the interchangeability remained

#11,160 · (Edited)
Seems they made more than 1 version I like this one the best Flash travler ,notice doors,the second one it to futureistic looking for me,

some were built bu Austin after56 I think .early ones were Nash of England & Leland and last ones wereFiat engines ,,OR so the article says,
,ALL I ever owned had Austin engines.

Attachments

#11,163 ·
Chrysler A57 engine

Manufacturer Chrysler

Combustion Chamber Configuration Multi-bank 30 cylinder

Displacement 1,253 cu. in.
Cylinder bore 3 11/32 in.
Piston stroke 4 1/2 in.
Compression ratio 6.2:1

Fuel system Naturally aspirated, Carter TD-1 carburetors
Fuel type Gasoline

Power output 470 hp @ 2400 rpm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.