Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#11,285 ·
Since no one else seems to be getting close I'll venture a guess. How about a 1974 Neorion Chicago. One of two built by Enfield-Neorion E.P.E at the Neorion shipyard in Greece. Powered by a AMC 360 or 401 (can't find out which was used) it was to be a production vehicle. Didn't happen.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiCHtAAFVr4

Attachments

#11,297 ·
For an extra kick in the pants, you could order the J2 option (code W). J2 had been around as a performance option since the early '50s, but for 1957 and '58, J2 ran three two-barrel carburetors. Historically, Oldsmobile's J2 beat Pontiac's Tri-Power to market by a matter of weeks. Olds had been developing 3x2-bbl carburetion for a couple of years under Pete Estes, an engine-development engineer and assistant chief engineer at Olds before he became chief engineer

I had the wrong J code :D

#11,301 · (Edited)
I know this is NOT what you were looking for ..just thought I would throw it out there ,this is what I was referring to above ,,Finally found it,

If you wanted extra power for your family station wagon you could also order the J-2 carburetor option. The Rocket engines gave Olds station wagons a unique aura. Total 1957 Oldsmobile Fiesta Wagon production was 8,981 units.

Oldsmobile’s J-2 Option

For 1957 Oldsmobile offered the J-2 option which was three two-barrel carburetors for the 371 cubic inch V-8 which was standard for both models. This engine was also called the Rocket 88. In a large way the J-2 option made the 1957 Oldsmobile a muscle car as well as a luxury car. The J-2 option was also referred to as the Tri-Power package. Surprisingly, Oldsmobile charged only $83 for the J-2 option. There was

if I remember right Bur Renolds drove a Black and Gold J2 in a Movie ,don't remember the name .something about a rodeo mabe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.