Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#11,313 ·
since no one is answering this I will throw this out,, The J56 brake was a racing brake option for the Corvette it Required power brake option j50 also ,it consisted of modified calipers with 4 pins instead of 2 also a brace that standard brakes did not have and the pads had to have Heat to work no good for a street driven car ,and the 4 piston calipers ALWAYS leaked ,I replaced mine with a set from Stainless Brake co ,because I drove it very little and the factory would stick and Leak ,this is how the factory set up looked

The blue was in race trim ,Red is after I changed back to stock ..Same Car 1965
and no I didn't have to look it up:D

Attachments

#11,316 ·
Forgot I pooped out on my responsibilities here, your floor, you got the J56 answer right.

On your question, I have no idea but that car is so damn cool it's crazy!

Brian

#11,323 ·
close to the same car ,,This version was Not meant for the track,,it was built for one purpose to rule the streets in 1967 and it did it Very well,,
Dodge had a version it was Unofficialy called Super Stock ,they were offered with 440 or Hemi ,,Mine was a 440 It had 3xtwo barrel holleys fenderwell headers different can and added spring on the right side Only it did not say silver bullet on the car ,or at least mine didn't ,Just a sticker on drivers vent window

Mr Norms
Grand Spauldwin Dodge

I will post picture when my wife gets home ,I don't know where ohoto albums are,
this is a 67 GTX I had around late 80s or early 90s Nice druver

Attachments

#11,327 ·
That is the ,Original , Silver Bullett , $$$$$$$,I had a copy or clone or what ever they are called now ,it was built by Grand Spaulding Dodge ,,Mr Norms,it was a 440 6 pac with fenderwell headers and the mods to engine were done before I got it so I don't know what they were ,mine was actually a Coronet R/T they called them silver bulletts also ,it was silver in color tried to find some litrature on it cant so far,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.