Hot Rod Forum banner

Trivia thread

Tags
humor trivia
2M views 17K replies 198 participants last post by  boothboy 
#1 ·
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

#13,971 · (Edited)
I'm thinking that it's a really old generator set, maybe from the 20's or 30's. I was thinking tractor, but I've not seen too many 6 cylinder tractors. Not to mention that the area under the engine is too flat, and closed off for a tractor, too. Exposed valve train, cloth covered wires, and the open ended plug wires says "old".

#13,995 ·
Well no no one came up with the correct answer so I''l fill you in.
Yes it was a jet car. Designed after Granatelli's STP cars Carroll Shelby and Ken Wallis teamed up to produce there own cars. Bruce McLaren was to drive the car. Sponsored by "Botany 500", a clothing manufacturer they figured to play their name off the Indy 500.
Wallis got caught cheating on the size restrictions of the air intake that USAC had determined and everyone sneaked away. Botany 500 never put up any money for that type of "foolishness" again.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

https://issuu.com/mecumauction/docs/shelby_body?e=1540974/8448954

#13,998 ·
Well nobody stepped up wit a question so here is a easy one.

What American passenger car, built in the last five years, has chrome bumpers . Pickup and SUV's don't count. I'm asking for a "passenger car."

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

I saw one today and my jaw dropped!

(This may be a trick question)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.