Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble shooting

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Crosley 
#1 ·
Hey there guys.
I’m just wondering if I could get some help, heres the situation. I recently put a newer engine and transmission in my firebird. The engine I put in was a 305 with (what I’m told anyways a turbo 400 transmission). There were some problems with the carb so I reasently replaced the old quadrajet with a brand new edelbrock 650cfm and the intake manifold with a band new edelbrock manifold. This was my first time doing this kind of work. I followed the instructions with everything and hooked up all the vaccuum lines just like before but now the tranny doesn’t shift god at all. I was told to make sure the vacuum line was hooked up but I can’t find one on the transmission is it possible that there isn’t one? Because I don’t remember unhooking one.

Thanks Mike:confused:

#3 ·
I jaked the car up today and looked for one and I can't for the life of me find where to hook up the vacuum line. I looked at the on intakemanifold and the vacuume line in that where you hook the tranny to was closed off. so i don't think it was hooked up before. And it shifed great before. :confused:

#4 ·
after more investigation I found out that I have a th 700 r4 there is no vaccuum modulator on the transmission. But I still have the same problem with shifting, it won't shift out of 1st . and it feels very sluggish untill the engine reaches 4000 rpm. anyone know why this might be?

thanks

#7 ·
super69chevelle said:
your kick down might be your problem.

this thread is 2 years old.

the 700r4 does not have a kick down cable. There is a TV cable.

If the TV cable is not set properly the trans can go into "fail safe" mode... then the 700 tranny will shift late as if the throttle is WOT.

I have closed this thread since it is 2 yrs old.

thx

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.