Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Troubleshooting Driveline Vibration
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 12:49 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

PrimaDude

I hope that you get this Email.

I have the same problem. I have a 1985 IROC 5 Speed, 3:73. @ 60 mph +, I have a vibration. I rebiult the trans, new engine mount, and last light I just pulled apart the rear to replace the gears and bearings. I'm thinking about replacing the axel's also. I just put in a new drive shaft last week. I changed the engine mounts, trans mount, balencer, flywheel, clutch plate, balanced the tires...

I'm really lost with this... Reading your Email reminded me that when I put a lot of weight in the rear of the car, the vibration gets better. I changed the trans mount also. ON my IROC, there is rubber bushings under the transmount on the trans cross member. I'm going to order those Monday.

I try to think back when this vibration started. (if I was a girl, I might like it...) I blew the original rear and I think that it started after that. I'm thinking maybe I bent the trans cross member.

I just want you to know that you are not alone in this. I have spent about 3 to 5 thousands dollars on this vibration. It just makes me so mad!

I don't see when everthing is stock and the same that I would have a vibration like this. Well I did change the rear lower arms in the rear. It did push the rear back a little. I called Hotchinks and they said it wasn't a problem. I don't know...

Let me know what you came up with...

Danism