Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - trubo 400 torque converter
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71haulnazz
I had a 71 chevlle with a straight 6 and swapped for the 350. I obviuosly couldnt use the torqu converter from the 6 cylinder as it is way too small for the flexplate on the 350. My question is that, I put the torque converter for the turbo 400 onto the stock powerglide and I have the tranny full of fluid and the car wont seem to move or the tranny even engage. The vacuum line that comes off the back of the powerglide fell off a few times during tuning. The vacuum line runs through the linkage. I do have some adjustments to make tto the linkage. But I am moving the linkage by hand under the car and the tranny still doesnt want to engage??? I have taken the tranny through all rpms and it still doesnt engage?? It was perfect pre engine swap?? Do I need a different torque converter?? I have a turbo 400 tranny but just didnt want to install due to my untrusting purchase of this 350(which runs like a champ by the way). What can I try???

The torque converter from a t-400 and a power glide will not inter change.

A stock power glide has a smaller , coarse spline input shaft.