Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Truck bed liner (rhino, hippo, hercu, line-x etc) for frame/suspension/u-body?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Truck bed liner (rhino, hippo, hercu, line-x etc) for frame/suspension/u-body?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I have some questions regarding rust protection on cars. I do not do any hotrodding, however I recognize this forum as being amongst the best on the web in term of DIY projects.

I have a brand new 4x4 car with a boxed (closed) frame/chassis and the body is mounted on top by means of 12 bolts. There is no rust anywhere and I want to treat the frame + underbody + suspension with the best possible rust protection. The frame is coated with a thin, black paint.

I came across all the different types of bed liners and they look really interesting to me, however I have a hard time reading about projects where bed liners are used to protect frames, suspensions and the underbody.

Can somebody please elaborate on the use of bed liners as rust protection for frames, suspension parts and underbody? What are the advantages, disadvantages? What are the main problems when using bed liners in these areas - it looks so easy when applying the stuff using a roller or brush. Maybe some forum members have some long term experience with bed liners in these lower part areas?

The car will be used in extreme harsh weather: Lots of road salt, rain, temperatures between 20 and 90 degrees F, relative humidity typically above 80% most of the year.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas