Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - truck door weatherstripping
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 09:00 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post truck door weatherstripping

my truck (<-) has new weatherstripping from golden state pick up parts gspp.com, (i had to cut out an inch on the bottom cause it didnt fit, but thats beside the point) its cross section looks like a chair with the back of the chair being the longest side and kindof a lip of the end where your knees would be. sorry thats the only way i can explain it. the first time i mounted it with the long end out in the air and closer to the cab than the door and the door had to be slammed to shut. it obviously sealed better because of the extra foam edge being closer to the cab, so i changed it, cause it also looked like it was designed to have the longer edge next to the door. up until now, it has been sealed very nicely, now there is air whistling threw and big draft. i will check to see if the door slipped at the hinges, but in the meantime, if you can figure out what i'm talking about, do i now have the weatherstipping on with the correct longer side glued onto the door??