Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Truck won't idle after carb rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Knuckle color never lies

Last journal entry: gettin with the times
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Sorry guys been tinkering with it and trying to get to work, it was, according to edlebrock specs, a 600cfm with 398 secondary jets and 395 primary jets the rod size escapes me. I jetted it down to a 500 and (again per edlebrock specs) used 395 jets for the secondaries and 386 jets for the primaries and I believe they are 65x42 rods (not positive) but I used their specs. If I adjust the idle mixture screws idle does adjust accordingly. Right now I have it idling but my mixture screws are out FOUR turns... This is un heard of to me... If I stab the throttle it will die, but if I feather it up then stab it it runs amazingly, picks right up, no dead spots. But if I drop it into gear it sputters and dies. I checked for vacuum leaks, nothing, I sprayed every vacuum hose, cap, and every gasket with ether and no change. I've heard stories of these airtex pumps putting out sub par pressure and I'm starting to wonder if thats my problem. I'll see if I can rig something up to check the fuel pressure as I live in the country and with my truck down have no transport to town lol