a true story abount my first car - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 PM

Last journal entry: a few more pics of my pro street 66 C10
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

a true story abount my first car

I was 14 in 1984 and I had been at a resturant for breakfast with my parents when I heard a guy talking to another guy about an old car he wanted to sell. I asked him about it and had no money but managed to trade my motorcycle for it and a parts car to go with it. Once we got the cars home I was use to the look of son your an idiot from my dad. I could see the car finished so clearly in my head. After school I came home turned on the radio and started working and with alot of help from my dad and I mean alot by early 1986 it was finished. I loved the car got my license and drove it constantly. lots of memories in that one. Like a dumb kid after a couple of years I guess I forgot what I had and traded it off for a car that I still can't believe I even considered. now this is where we start to skip some years, I saw it here and there and it really bothered me. I was a night security guard in 1995 when I spotted it in the parking lot where I worked, I nearly had the kid convinced to trade it back to me when his dad informed him it was to be sold not traded due to a divorce, I had a family by then and no money, what was funny is that I ended up with a pro street car, street rods, and many others as time moved on but I always wanted that car back. I would hang out with my friends and they would talk about this car and that car. I remember telling them one night I was going to find and buy that car back one day, we all say that dont we? now we skip ahead to 2002 I ended up doing ok my kids were older and I was in business for myself. I had just sold a truck a camper, and my motorcycle so I had a few dollars, then it hit me....my old car. I called the court house and asked the girl at the office to please look up the car, yes I still have the original license plate so that helps. She looked it up but was very limited on information so I called the clerks office in the county the car was in. They not only know how I am talking about they are friends with them, I talk them into giving me the phone number...I am on cloud nine now. I call and ask the lady if she owns that car and she replies, yes I do. I explain that I would like to buy it and she was very clear to me that it is not for sale at any price! wow what a let down. I sit there thinking, I finally could probably afford it and she is not at all interested in selling it, what should I do? I have the address so I get in the car and go to her house. I'm not giving up that easy. I later found out she was a little worried that I was nuts. I show up and introduce myself at which point she says I told you it is not for sale. I said I know but I would really like to see it again, now that was a dissappoinment she opened the basement door and there sat my old 1966 Impala conv in 3 inches of water where it had been sitting for the last 6 years or so, someone had painted it plum crazy purple and it wasn't a good job either. It was however the right car. To make what is an already very long story short I ended up buying it. over the years I have brought it back to much like it was back in the day, some things are better than back in the day. I am almost there and I get people stopping and asking about buying it or trading this and that and when they do I remember what the lady I got it from said. It's not for sale. Anyway sorry to go on for so long, hope so enjoy the story and to those I bore to death, sorry about that...lol have a great weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	impala resize2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	27428   Click image for larger version

Name:	resized impala3.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	27429   Click image for larger version

Name:	impala4.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	27430   Click image for larger version

Name:	painting impala.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	27431  

Advertisement

Last edited by chopperdave70; 01-26-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added pic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Dodge ain't all bad

Last photo:

chopperdave70

This is a great story but to be honest it just don't work without

-----PICTURESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS------------

30Ddee
Old 01-26-2008, 01:39 PM

Last photo:

RE: pictures

I'll be posting some pics very soon, just dont have them on this computer. sorry
Old 01-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Cool story Dave...........I wish I could get my 1st car back, but I know it went to the scrappers............

Waiting for those pics...

Budget RVs
Old 01-26-2008, 04:23 PM

Last photo:

heres a few pics

Hope this helps to give visuals to the story.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:24 PM
540ci ford want sum?

good story but, then again i dont have my first car back and wouldnt want it back either i never drove that car legally, i.e. w/o a license but then again i wonder how it would look with a blower then again a 87'olds cutlass seirra 4 dr which we nicknamed the brown bomber was a turd from the word go.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Rust Buster

Last journal entry: birthday surprise
Last photo:

Sweet ride Dave!!! Where in Ky are you? I am in Lebanon, and doing a frame off on my 68 Impala SS ragtop....hope it turns out just as nice. Have a 68 hardtop that was my father-in-laws car. Not restoring it yet, trying to get the ragtop and my truck done, but hopefully in the next year or so on the hardtop. Jerry
Old 01-26-2008, 06:13 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Awesome, sometimes you do get a second chance

Shane

Edit: Welcome to Hotrodders

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.