Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A True Wannabe
Thread: A True Wannabe
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

A True Wannabe

Folks,

I've never really been obsessed with hot rods, like most any one of you. However, my last vehicle purchase was a 2010 Camaro with the big 426 V8. LOVE having a car that gets attention at stop lights and in the parking lots around town.

So now I'm hooked. I want my next car to be a 'daily driver' hot rod. Nothing crazy mind you in the paint department, but a classic with some beef under the hood and a paint scheme that lets the lines of the car speak for itself. Maybe a '34 Ford Coupe (I know, there's a LOT of those out there), or possibly a '37 or even '40. I just don't know yet.

So here's my question(s)... I'm not extremely knowledgeable mechanically but I know how to maintain a vehicle well. And I want something I can drive every day year round (primary transportation - I live in NC so the weather's not too much of a problem). Am I crazy for even THINKING about doing this? Do I need to be a total gear head when it comes to buying, owning, and maintaining a hot rod? Is there a great source for finding the rod that fits me? Any and/or all advice is greatly appreciated.