View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod wannabe View Post
Folks,

I've never really been obsessed with hot rods, like most any one of you. However, my last vehicle purchase was a 2010 Camaro with the big 426 V8. LOVE having a car that gets attention at stop lights and in the parking lots around town.

So now I'm hooked. I want my next car to be a 'daily driver' hot rod. Nothing crazy mind you in the paint department, but a classic with some beef under the hood and a paint scheme that lets the lines of the car speak for itself. Maybe a '34 Ford Coupe (I know, there's a LOT of those out there), or possibly a '37 or even '40. I just don't know yet.

So here's my question(s)... I'm not extremely knowledgeable mechanically but I know how to maintain a vehicle well. And I want something I can drive every day year round (primary transportation - I live in NC so the weather's not too much of a problem). Am I crazy for even THINKING about doing this? Do I need to be a total gear head when it comes to buying, owning, and maintaining a hot rod? Is there a great source for finding the rod that fits me? Any and/or all advice is greatly appreciated.
First of all...a 2010 Camaro with a 426 V8??? Is that a typo???

I don't think your crazy...First of all you need to find a workable project, (body, frame etc.), either original steel or aftermarket. You need to get yourself a plan for what you want (drivetrain, interior, exterior) and a budget.

I don't believe that there is a source that will tell anyone what type of Hot Rod they should have, it's all personal preference and what the individual likes, that's how the whole hobby started. If your not in a position to do a lot of the work yourself, then, deep pockets are what you need.

If you tell us what you specifically want and how much money you have available, we could be in a position to help you out.