Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - trunk lid lip repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Last journal entry: rust on lt body shell
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

more lip repair

Brain. I tryed to do better with my photo's. Camara is a little old and does well out side but not so good indoors. Wife's new one is better but {Your not taking that out in that dusty body shop}. The frist shot is where I started at today. Finished welding the inside patch on. It doesn't really need to be welded soild as I will seam seal and reprime when I cut off the out side rust area of the trunk. I put a coat of mud over the weld just to hide the fact that a peice has been put on. I finished off with 40 on my 6" da. In a spot like this you dont have to worry much about a few waves by time its done you can't get at the right angle to see them even if they are there. Then I coated it with some SPI epoxy. I just used a brush as I didnt want to clean a gun for a small spot like this. It'll be scuffed and reshot with a gun when I do the rest of the bottom side of the trunk. I also coated the inside of my exterrior patch and the inner side of this patch while I was at it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	68241   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	68242   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	102