Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - trunk lid problems
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Deadman, listen, I don't know what to say. You are right, we all do things different. I personally would have made the mounting adjustable on that lid and no bending of hinges would have been needed. On the Camaro, it is supported ALL WRONG for cutting all that structure out it's no wonder there were panel fit problems! HOLY CRAP, you're lucky it didn't narrow the car by a foot the way it's supported!

Think about this, how could raising or lower the quarter have anything to do with the relation between the hinge and the lid on that car?

You are way over complicating this, the car is painted, shim the friggin lid and get on with life!

Building a car from scratch or modifying it is a whole different thing. Restoring a car from bare metal, it's a whole differnet story. Are you kidding me? If I were doing this car in pre-filler stage I would grab a hold of that lid and bend the %$#^ out of it and be done with it. But that can't be done here. If I were doing it pre-filler I would think nothing of grabbing my spoon and hammer and whacking it up or down along the edges to make the thing fit perfect, that can't be done here.

Brian

Last edited by MARTINSR; 09-26-2009 at 10:46 AM.