Hot Rod Forum banner

trunk panels

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jbowling 
#1 ·
Has anyone built trunk panels in a late 30s early 40s coupe? I can build the panels the question would be mounting them in there so they look and stay tight. Any tips would be great :)

#3 ·
John is absolutely correct-on my build, I kind of lost my mind, made them from 6061T6 Aluminum and installed them using Dzus fasteners to make them easy to take out (as my Fuel Sender/Fuel Pump can only be accessed through the Floor-you can see some of the crappy pictures I took in my Journal)-

Anyway, there are lots of choices of materials and attachment methods (your imagination is your only boundary), depending on your needs to access wiring, etc.-

#7 ·
for kick panels i always hide screws and will occasionaly use velcro like what was posted in the picture above. as for trunk build outs, maybe one panel will have hidden screws, the rest are all pressure fit. that way they stay where they need to, look clean, and can be easily removed if need be. thats the best way to do it i feel. but to each their own! :thumbup:

#11 ·
actually i was able to find somewhat of a decent full view of the trunk for the caymen. the second photo is of a center console we built in a 66 chevelle. again, we did a huge stereo in this one. we actually hid 2 6 inch subwoofers in the center console. they sound absolutely incredible for such small subwoofers.

but sorry for all the rambling. just thought id share a little bit of the work weve done here recently

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.