Trying to install weather stripping - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Trying to install weather stripping

I have been trying to install weather stripping. I ordered factor weather strip for my 67 ford F-100. This truck has been chopped with some other body modes. The factor strip is to tight (Large) at the bottom of the door, but needs to be a little larger at the top of the door. When the truck was new it had a drip rail, and the top of the door was inset. Now the drip rails have been shaved, and the door has been made flush with the outside. This has created a larger gap at the top (inside) than the bottom of the door (inside).

Has anyone had to deal with this problem in the past, and how did it get handled. The door in aligned where it needs to be. I just need to fill in the gap so everything will tie together.

Please help with ideas.

Kirk

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

got any pics of it i have never seen a chopped 67-72 ford truck my first vehicle ever was a 69 f100 pickup when i was 16 i learned so much about wrenching with it replaced virtually everything including clutch and 240 cylinder head and replaced the three on the tree column with one from another truck and reconnected it to the 3 speed like stock because someone converted it to flooor shift, put split headers on it and so on.

so if the doors are set correct height and the stock style weatherstripping wont fit then it sounds like some customization is gonna need to be done to the weatherstripping or some other stripping is going to be needed hmm.. pics of the problem areas ?

good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.