Hot Rod Forum banner

Tubbing a GM 12 bolt

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  M&M CUSTOM 
#1 ·
i looked for a thread but i prolly missed it and if i did i am sorry. well here goes. i have a gm 12 bolt rear and i was wondering if it is possible to tub it or mini tub it *dont know the difference* without having to have the unit sent out and shortened. i am goin to move my springs and all to the inside of the framerail and but new wheel wells in.

thanks for all your help and sry again if this was already a thread.

#3 ·
its a 1980 chevy c-10 pick-up. i currently have 13 inch wide tires on there and i have about .5 inch of clearence on the outside of the fender and 2-3 inches of clearence on the inside. the problem i have is that i dunno know how to move the rims back...... wheel spacing is like something i havent the slightest clue about.

thanks

#6 ·
A "flip-kit" and new spring pads welded on your axle, along with spring hangars mounted to the bottom side of each framerail will net you close to 4 inches per side without bothering to have the axle cut.

You could then go for a set of wheels with as much as 7 or 8 inches of backspacing.

Just a cheap way out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.