Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tubbing my Malibu
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebad79malibu View Post
I contacted moser and they are going to cut them down and re spline them for 125.Im using a 12 bolt that I built years ago.I was thinking I would build the frame rails on a table and then install them,I've read it's best to build them in place,and also build them and then install.Any thoughts on this??I figured I would mock them up using 2x4 lumber so I can get my angle cuts correct and not waste any steel??????Thanks for the help
Your thinking is right... Go to your lumber yard,, And buy some 1/8 or 1/4 inch lauan you can make your pattern out of... All you have to do is make one frame rail out of the Lauan,,, Then use it to lay out that frame rail,, Then once you have one side built(before welding it all up ) just tack everything,,, Then lay the next one right on top of the one you just built,,, Tack it together as well.. Now you have two frame rails that match... The rest is easy after that..All can be done on a table or floor..