Tubular control arms in Chevy C10 worth it? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Tubular control arms in Chevy C10 worth it?

1) Can anyone tell me if upper & lower tubular control arms in Chevy C10 worth the cost?
2) Do they really improve handling like the manufacturers claim?
3) In order to lower a C10, are lowering control arms a better way to go, or drop spindles.
Thanks for your help

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2012, 07:11 PM
sweetin the ride

Yes it is worth it

Yes, not only are they light and stronger but also make your suspension more rigid and strong, but also much better looking. I Just posted a thread about my tubular Aarms and lowered spindles I ordered for my duster. I would use the dropped spindles and depending on how low you wanna go maybe also arms. Spindles should bring you two inches lower If you want more than that either cut the springs or get the arms. I would say go all out and get willwood disk brakes and new rims and tires. Stopping faster can only be a good thing in that truck. The other thing you mentioned was the cost, Yah it can get steep, Chevys are cheaper than my mopar but that not by much. Just to give you an idea, Im around 2600 into my front end- New tubular A arms 2 inch dropped spindles 12.19 inch disk brakes new rims and tires and all the odds and ends. Check my thread for a more detailed explaination. My motto is anytime you can upgrade your vehical I say do it. Either that or go drive some sissy *** toyota and look like a french man......
Old 01-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't understand?

Last journal entry: this is only a test
Last photo:

I would do the spindles if your main objective is lower it (mostly for looks)

if you are trying to make it handle way better (autocross type racing)
I would do a lot more homework on the actual susp. geometry of the aftermarket pieces you are looking at, and how it works

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.