Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tune port injection vs. throttle body injection
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Tune port injection vs. throttle body injection

I am building a 39 chevy sedan. I am planning on using a new 350 like came in the 94 chevrolet pickups. The 94 pickup i have gets about 18 mpg with throttle body injection. Tune port injection looks good on a street rod, but is there any advantage to it. I can get a throttle body injection system complete at a pretty cheap price, but The TPI seems to be about $300 to $400 and most of them require me to get the 90-92 computer for speed density sensor. I know that most of TPI injections i have ran across are from 305's and will need the injectors upgraded to the 350 ones. That will run over a couple hundred dollars. So is it really worth the extra money to go tune port over throttle body? I am building a driver car, not a drag car and on a limited budget. Saving money to build a new house. I am running a 700R4 from a 89 Camaro and a 3.40 gear in an 8" rear-end. Thanks for any info, Steven